Located on the south side of Aledo, Fenton Park provides recreational opportunities for the citizens of Aledo. Fenton Park was established in February 1927 by Amelia Ann Fenton as a memorial to her father, William Fenton.
The public swimming pool opened in July 1939. The City of Aledo partnered with the Works Progress Administration to build the pool using WPA workers from Mercer County. The project architect was William Schulze of Moline.