About the Cemetery
The 34.25 acres of land is the home of the Aledo Cemetery. The City of Aledo owns and maintains the cemetery in excellent condition. The original cemetery first plat was in May 1863. The mausoleum was erected in 1913 and many additions have been added since the first original plat.
Stop by to walk the grounds or enjoy Memorial Park. Donations can be made at City Hall to help with the upkeep of this beautiful place.
- Dog or pet waste prohibited
- No activity after dark
- No snowmobiles allowed on property
- The Sexton must pre-approve all monuments, stones or permanent markers before installation
- Visitors are welcome during daylight hours only
- Deteriorated decorations or those interfering with maintenance will be discarded
- Holiday decorations
- Christmas - Remove by March 1st
- Memorial Day - Remove by June 15th
- No breakables or unsafe items
- No permanent bushes, shrubs or any other planting allowed
|Baby or Ashes (opening)
|Regular Grave (opening)
|Saturday and Selected Holidays*
|Mausoleum Vault or Crypt (opening/closing)||$281|
|Winter Surcharge (if extra equipment is utilized)
||At Cost (determined by Sexton)
** 25% of all lot and opening fees shall be deposited in the cemetery endowment fund for perpetual care.
The City Administrator shall have the authority to waive all or a portion of any fee, except lot sales, for purposes of demonstrated hardship. All fees shall increase on January 1 of each calendar year in proportion to an increase in the Consumer Price Index, to a maximum increase of 3%.